Wastegates & IWG
Turbosmart’s focus on actuator performance means boost comes on faster and holds on longer.
Wastegates & IWGs
A wastegate is a valve which controls the flow of exhaust gas from an engine to the turbocharger. By controlling the flow of exhaust gas to the turbine of the turbocharger, the wastegate can control the boost pressure provided by the turbocharger to the engine. The wastegate needs to be correctly sized for the engine and turbocharger combination to give the end user adequate control on boost pressure.
There are two types of wastegates: external wastegates and actuator driven internal wastegates.
Wastegates & IWG Accessories
Turbosmart offer a range of accessories including springs, o ring kits, adaptors, clamps, trumpets, blanks, banjos, flanges, flare fitting and diaphragms allowing you to rebuild your Turbosmart wastegate.
Wastegates - External
- Comp-Gate40 (with locking ring)
- Hyper-Gate 45 (no locking ring)
- Hyper-Gate45 (with locking ring)
- Power-Gate 60
- Pro-Gate 50
- Ultra-Gate 38 (no locking ring)
- Ultra-Gate38 (with locking ring)
- HP Wastegate Range
- WG50/WG60 6-Bolt Sensor Cap
- WG38/40/45 Locking Collar Sensor Cap
- Spring Combination Chart – Locking Collar Wastegates & IWG-75 Range
- Spring Combination Chart – 6 Bolt Wastegates
- Spring Combination Chart – High Pressure Wastegates & IWG-75 HP Range
Wastegates - Internal
- Internal Wastegate Actuator – Universal Single & Twin Port models
- Internal Wastegate Actuator – Universal Twin Port models
- Internal Wastegate Actuator – No Clevis (EFR, Porsche, Focus, etc.)
- Internal Wastegate Actuator – With Clevis (XR6T, MPS, Disco Potato, Evo X, etc.)
- Internal Wastegate Actuator – Evo 4-9
- Internal Wastegate Actuator – IWGHP High Pressure Actuator